Sunday, the perfect time to sit down, relax with your favourite drink and catch up on what you’ve missed during the week. Here we will give you a quick review of what we’ve been talking about this week, including any reviews, interviews, giveaways and recommendations. As well as this we will be reporting posts we like from around the blogosphere and any book news we have to share. So sit back, grab something delicious and read on!
August 5, 2018
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
After basically being on hiatus from the gym since April I go back into it this week. I hurt my back really badly in April so I have been wary about doing anything that might aggravate it. However, when “having a belly like a bowl full of jelly” becomes less of a fun kids rhythm and more of a statement of fact it’s time to bite the bullet and get back to it. So, I am taking it slow, I’ve lost a lot of strength and fitness, but I am going to gradually build myself back up again. Hopefully, in a few months I can brag to you about getting some definition back into my biceps. Until then I need to be careful not to flap my arms otherwise, with my bingo wings there’s a good chance I may take off!
LAST WEEK ON BLOG
We just keep hitting you with the good stuff! This week we had Kristen Ashley on the blog, which was amazing. And we let you know what we have been watching in the month of August with our Keeping it Reel post and all the older books we have read in Rollback Reads.
- Interview and Giveaway with Kristen Ashley
- New Releases Recap
- Keeping It Reel
- Rollback Reads
- UTC Recommends: Monthly Wrap-Up
- July Book Haul + Giveaway
- WILD LIKE THE WIND by Kristen Ashley
- TRUE BLUE COWBOY by Sara Richardson
- BUTTERFACE by Avery Flynn
- MY COMMANDER by Alanea Alder
- A DUKE BY DEFAULT by Alyssa Cole
- EVERY TIME I THINK OF YOU by Tracey Garvis-Graves
- THE DEVIL’S STANDOFF by V.S. McGrath
- TWO WEEKS NOTICE by Whitney G.
Still time to enter these giveaways!
NEXT WEEK ON BLOG
- Interview and Giveaway with Lorelei James
- Author Override: Cecilia Mecca
- J.R. Ward’s Except – Wedding from Hell Part 2
- Favorite Southern Belle Heroines
- Annie’s Top 5 New Series
- One True Pairing Podcast Minisode: Interview with Francesca from Under the Covers!
- TO HAVE AND TO HARLEY by Regina Cole
- RACKED AND STACKED by Lorelei James
- THE SIMPLE WILD by K.A. Tucker
- GOOD LUCK WITH THAT by Kristan Higgins
- DARK ALPHA’S HUNGER by Donna Grant
- THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy
- DR. STRANGE BEARD by Penny Reid
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
In case you haven’t read/heard Suzanne Brockmann’s acceptance speech from RWA, it’s worth a read here.
Jezebel wrote a nice piece defending BigFoot Erotica and the Virginia Congressman scandal. Click here to read more.
Nalini Singh shared on Twitter an older article written by author Sonali Dev about arranged marriages, which I thought was very enlightening and definitely worth a read. Click here.
I’m still pretty bummed that the show TIMELESS got cancelled, however this week big news announcement if you were left wanting more like me. There will be a 2 hour movie series finale so that we are not left hanging with that awful cliffhanger that Season 2 ended on. At least there will be closure. Click here to read the news.
Any Outlander fans? I’m so ready for season 4!! November can’t get here fast enough.
Pilgrim Media Group acquired the rights to film and TV for THE KISS QUOTIENT. Click here to read more.
Nalini Singh announced the title and release date for the next Hard Play novel: REBEL HARD out September 18. Click here to read more.
PBS did an amazing video about the romance industry which is a great piece to watch whether you read romance books or not. Maybe it will even open your eyes to what the genre really means and what it’s about.
LATEST NEW COVERS:
DEVIL’S DAUGHTER by Lisa Kleypas, REDEMPTION by Jessica Ruben, MY FAVORITE HALF-NIGHT STAND by Christina Lauren, HOW ABOUT LOVE by Sonali Dev and Talia Surova, FRAGMENTS OF ASH by Katy Regnery, TRAILER HEART PARK by Rachel Higginson and PRIEST by Ella Frank.
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
*Links below are affiliate Amazon links
From the publisher
From the publisher/author
From Audiobooks.com and Publisher
Latest posts by Under the Covers Book Blog (see all)
- Juno Rushdan: Five Fast Facts About Being an Intelligence Officer + Giveaway! - April 24, 2019
- New Releases for April 23, 2019 - April 23, 2019
- Interview and Giveaway with Alexa Martin - April 22, 2019