by J.R. Ward
Released: March 13th 2018
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #15.5
“DEAREST IVIE is definitely a quick read and Ward never fails to grab and keep your attention.”
~ Under the Covers
As longtime fans of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, any extra bits we can get set in our favorite world is always a treat. However, novellas are a tough thing. Especially when you have no previous investment in the characters. At least for me.
So here are some things I liked and disliked both about this story:
- The writing in this one is still very much Ward style, but a little more simple. There is only the one storyline, and one POV. It’s entirely told from Ivie’s POV. I was itching to find out what was going through Silas’s mind! But the way it’s narrated does keep the reader engaged. It can also feel a little too simple, only because of what I’m used to reading from Ms. Ward.
- I’m not a big fan of insta-love, and this book does have that feel. I knew there had to be a pressing reason for it and yes, there was. But it still felt like a very easy connection in my opinion.
- Being in the BDB universe always feels like coming home to friends and family. Even when you don’t know the characters you’re reading about.
- Ward never does this for no reason. This book left me feeling like there is a connection to someone else in the main characters that will come to play an important part in the future. I won’t mention my questions here because it would be a spoiler.
DEAREST IVIE is definitely a quick read and Ward never fails to grab and keep your attention. And it’s the perfect appetizer before THE THIEF comes out.
What did you think of our review?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below!
♡ Don’t want to miss any of our posts? ♡
I get easily distracted by pictures of sexy guys and have tons of book boyfriends.I keep all my alpha males chained to my basement and guard them fiercely.*Back off bitches*I like to see Jason Momoa as a lot of those boyfriends, because ….. mmmmmmm JASON.MOMOA!
I’m a part time graphic designer (yes, everything you see on UTC has been done by me), run my husband's business from home and on a good day I’m a self appointed superwoman (she who can do it all).I love blogging with my girls and I couldn’t do it any other way!My first love is everything paranormal, but in the past few years I’ve re-learned to love contemporary romance.Every once in a while I like to mix things up with a historical romance, a steampunk or an LGBT book.Because I need variety to avoid book slumps.I don’t always need an HEA although I prefer one, and I love authors that can rip my heart out and make me ugly cry.
Latest posts by Francesca (see all)
- Lifestyle: Bookish / Reading Bullet Journal Flip Thru - July 20, 2019
- Book Haul + Giveaway: June 2019 - July 13, 2019
- Review: Bad Saint: Volume One by Monica James - July 12, 2019