I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by Roan Parrish
Released: November 27 2017
Published by Riptide Publishing
“Great characters, settings, side characters but ultimately… I didn’t connect with the romance…”
~ Under the Covers
This may be a hard review to write because there are things about this book that I enjoyed and others that just didn’t work for me.
What I loved?
- This book has the holiday and winter spirit without shoving the actual holidays down your throat. I admit I’m usually a fan of the latter, but sometimes it’s nice to just have a story that feels like it could be happening right now with all the winter vibes and a touch of celebration. In this case, I also loved that Alex stays true to his views on Thanksgiving and is excited about celebrating Chanukah.
- There’s men who love baking and adorable animals. What more can you ask for?
- Corbin Wale has been an outcast his whole life and he’s had to learn to live alone. My heart broke for him several times throughout this story. It was beautiful to see him slowly break out of his shell.
What I didn’t love?
- This felt like a case of insta-love for me. With a character as closed off as Corbin, the initial attraction Alex felt towards him and the need to protect him felt a bit over the top to start with. As the book progressed I would’ve bought into that more but the quick initial connection threw things off for me.
- There was something missing to their connection by the end of this book for me and ultimately I didn’t buy into the romance.
Great characters, settings, side characters but ultimately… I didn’t connect with the romance like I wanted so this book fell flat for me.
What did you think of our review?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below!
♡ Don’t want to miss any of our posts? ♡
I get easily distracted by pictures of sexy guys and have tons of book boyfriends.I keep all my alpha males chained to my basement and guard them fiercely.*Back off bitches*I like to see Jason Momoa as a lot of those boyfriends, because ….. mmmmmmm JASON.MOMOA!
I’m a part time graphic designer (yes, everything you see on UTC has been done by me), run my husband's business from home and on a good day I’m a self appointed superwoman (she who can do it all).I love blogging with my girls and I couldn’t do it any other way!My first love is everything paranormal, but in the past few years I’ve re-learned to love contemporary romance.Every once in a while I like to mix things up with a historical romance, a steampunk or an LGBT book.Because I need variety to avoid book slumps.I don’t always need an HEA although I prefer one, and I love authors that can rip my heart out and make me ugly cry.
Latest posts by Francesca (see all)
- Romanceopoly Reading Challenge Announcement + 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! - December 15, 2018
- Review: Verity by Colleen Hoover - December 13, 2018
- Review: Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale - December 11, 2018