Welcome back to Under the Covers, Melanie! What are five things that readers wouldn’t necessarily know about you?
Hi Everybody- Happy Spring.
- I have a dirty, filthy mind although I dress in cardigans and appear conservative.
- I have a QVC habit- Hey I’m a 2X so they carry bigger sizes.
- I adore Adele. I love her songs and I just bought a new doormat that says “Hello”.
- I mow 4 acres of yard a week so I listen to a lot of music and I sing along loudly and badly.
- I just got back from the Romantic Times Convention in Las Vegas and everybody was sick or getting sick so I have a sinus infection. YUCK!
Tell us a bit more about LET IT RIDE!
This is book 1 in my new Casino Nights Series. I worked eight years behind the scenes in a casino so I have stories to tell.
This is the beginning to Remy and Francesca’s story which will carry onto book 2, All In, which will be out June 8th. Francesca is the adopted daughter of the owner of The Red Rose Casino in Las Vegas. She is in her mid-thirties, divorced, overworked and wanting to make changes to her life. She goes to Chicago to a conference and is on a panel that his chaired by Remington Cooper. He is from Indiana and works for the state’s regulatory agency. They met three years earlier when she and her father applied for a gaming license. Remy fell in lust the moment she walked into his office, however due to regulations he couldn’t pursue her. So he has been waiting patiently for his chance. This conference is his opportunity and Francesca is open to the idea of a week of fun with a good looking man.
If you had to describe this story in 3 words, what would they be?
See, Like, Want
What’s your favorite thing about the hero and heroine?
Remy is a man with a plan. He has a life plan and he is willing to compromise so that Francesca is in it. He has no illusions about her relationship with her work and her parents. He wants her, so he is willing to do whatever he needs in order to keep her.
Francesca is like so many women that I know. She takes her career very seriously and works hard and puts in long hours. She wants more, but she has no clue how to manage it all. She can list all of her short-comings but has a terrible time accepting a compliment. I want to shake her while at the same time, I want to hug her.
What obstacle did you have to overcome while writing this book?
Francesca was a mess and in the first two drafts, I honestly didn’t know why Remy would continue putting up with her. I wanted her to be super competent at her job but she has little confidence in her own self. Through Remy’s eyes and those of her friends, she starts to see that she has so much to offer.
As we can see on social media, you have a beautiful new puppy. What are your top 5 tips for keeping a new puppy in line? And feel free to share some cuteness (aka pics)
Duncan Keith is our three month old English Mastiff. He is going to be huge. We just got back from the vet and he weighs 54lbs. He is a sweetie.
- Schedule, Schedule, Schedule. His bladder muscles can’t keep up with his growth so he has to pee constantly.
- Keep him to only a few rooms. We add another room every three weeks. He hasn’t gone upstairs yet. If he is awake and it is too quiet- then there is destruction going on.
- Chew toys everywhere. Duncan is a chewer, I have about 10 toys spread out and so far I can lure him away from my toes and my shoes. However, I fear the remote control will get eaten and anything else on the coffee table.
- Positive Reinforcement. Mastiffs are sensitive and I hope that Duncan can be handled by “tone” only.
- He has been visiting doggie friends. He is very social and loves people, but a little shy with doggies. Ginger, our other mastiff, is now starting to play with him but when he bites too hard, she knocks him over.
We all love attending book signings and conferences. Since you’re a pro at this, what are your best tips for readers attending these?
I’m no pro and I am a terrible over-packer.
- An Assistant. I took David with me to Las Vegas and it was so great. He could carry things and get the coffee in the morning. Plus he kept things running smoothly.
- An extension cord or additional electrical outlets. I need to charge my phone, my Fitbit, my IPad. I hate crawling around looking for outlets.
- Drinks. We stopped for a case of water on the way to the hotel. I refuse to pay $4 for a bottle of water.
- Band Aids. New shoes plus lots of walking equals blisters.
- Lip Balm. Between all of the talking and dry hotel air, my lips get so dry.
What’s the last book you read and loved?
Damon Suede’s Hot Head. I loved it so much that I bought my friend a copy and had it overnighted to him. Hot NYC firefighters, a ginger in a kilt- yum. I laughed, I cried and I wanted the two characters to get together and be happy. I really love Griff. Plus Damon is one of my favorite people on the planet.
What are you working on now and what can we expect to see next from you?
I’m in editing and rewriting hell. I’m expecting my final edits back any minute on All In and I am cleaning up my first draft of Better. I thought my romantic suspense, A Change for the Good was a stand alone but then I had a dream, and I wrote Better. The new book is focused on Forde and Layla. She is a good, quiet woman who is being terrorized and he is the alpha male who comes in and takes over her life and her heart. Then I return to small town life in the second Cameron Farms’ book, You Always. I have that outlined and the playlist set. I hope to start writing in early May. Then I plan for 2017!
It’s always a pleasure to have you visit and sharing with our readers!
Thank you so much for having me visit. I love you ladies and I do listen to your recommendations.
Available FREE Now!
by Melanie Jayne
Released: April 14th 2016
Series: Casino Nights #1
Published by Self Published
The first time he met her, he couldn’t have her. In their world there are rules against that kind of interaction. So Remington Cooper watched, waited, and planned.
Now his luck has turned and he has five days to win the woman of his dream’s heart.
Francesca Luchetti knows that Remy is interested, he’s made that clear. She likes the idea of a fling. Conventions can be dull, so the promise of sex with a hot man will make things more exciting.
When there is a threat to Francesca’s safety, she learns that Remy is the man to keep her safe, but is her heart secure.
Latest posts by Under the Covers Book Blog (see all)
- November Reading Wrap-Up - December 2, 2019
- November’s #romanceopolyathon TBR - November 9, 2019
- Interview and Giveaway with Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward - November 8, 2019