So, here ends the first month of the UTC Book Club, we decided to kick off with What You Need by Lorelei James. I think I can safely say we all had mixed feelings about this book and I enjoyed talking it over with the Book Club to see exactly what it was that caused us to feel a little meh about our first read, here are the conclusions that we came to:
- It felt a little flat, there was nothing that grabbed our attention and kept it. Everything was very…nice.
- Some of us had read Lorelei James before, so therefore couldn’t help our expectation to be a little on the steamy side. This book was NOT an erotic romance, it was a sweet contemporary romance. Interestingly, the people who hadn’t read Lorelei James before seemed to enjoy this more than those that had.
- We liked that this was a family based series, so we get to know each of the siblings as we read, not just the main couple, this can only enrich future books in this series.
- It was something we enjoyed at the time…but wouldn’t necessary remember in the future.
To join the club, visit our GoodReads Group The League of Lusty Ladies
A reminder of January’s book
As the CFO of Lund Industries, Brady Lund is the poster child for responsibility. But eighty hour work weeks leave him little time for a life outside his corner office. His brothers stage an intervention and drag him to a seedy night club…where he sees her, the buttoned up blonde from the secretarial pool who’s starred in his fantasies for months.
Lennox Greene is a woman with a rebellious past—which she carefully conceals beneath her conservative clothes. She knows flirting with her sexy, but aloof boss during working hours is a bad idea. So when Brady shows up at her favorite dive bar, sans his usual snappy suit, and catches her cutting loose, she throws caution aside and dares him to do the same.
After sparks fly, Brady finds keeping his hands off Lennox during office hours is harder than expected. While she makes him feel alive for the first time in years, a part of him wonders if she’s just using him to get ahead. And Lennox must figure out if Brady wants her for the accomplished woman she is—or the bad girl she was.
Average overall rating:
Would we read the next in the series?
So, on to the exciting part, what we are reading next! We set a poll, and this month, as chosen by you we are reading *drumroll*
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
Remember to join the club, visit our GoodReads Group The League of Lusty Ladies
- Meet our new reviewer team + Blogiversary Giveaway! - May 5, 2021
- Excerpt + Giveaway: On the Wings of War by Hailey Turner - September 3, 2020
- And The Winners Are… - September 2, 2020