Some readers hate it, some readers are embarrassed to admit it and some readers get tee shirts saying “TALK DIRTY TO ME” and wear it proudly. While I might not wear the tee-shirt I totally love a dirty-talking hero, but it’s a tricky thing isn’t it?
When it’s bad – it’s SOOOO bad. It makes me cringe and toss the book aside. But when it’s good, the book twists itself into my brain, my gut and I can’t stop reading until the book is done.
In Everything I Left Unsaid – my heroine picks up a stranger’s ringing cell phone and starts a sexy relationship with the dangerous stranger on the other end. The characters don’t meet face to face until the last half of the book which means there is A LOT of phone sex and dirty texts.
My hero Dylan is a dirty-talking man. And inspired by him here is a list of my top ten favorite filthy-mouthed heroes.
- Gabriel from Gabriel’s Woman by Robin Schone. All of Robin Schone’s heroes are talkers, but there was something about Gabriel – his distance, perhaps. His palpable pain. I’m not sure and it didn’t matter. He killed me with his words.
- Butch O’Neal from Lover Revealed. Again there are plenty of J.R. Ward’s heroes who could be on this list but the combination of rough, blue-collar Butch talking so dirty to his untouched and princess-like heroine totally turned my crank.
- Gideon Cross from The Crossfire Series. For me, he’s kind of the benchmark Billionaire hero with BDSM tendencies and a foul mouth.
- Derek Tyler from Protecting What’s His. I could put just about every Tessa Baily book on this list, she burst onto the scene and completely raised the bar for dirty-talking heroes. Derek Tyler the rough and ready Chicago cop gets my vote.
- Daniel Chase from Officer Off Limits. Another Tessa Bailey book, this time the hero is a hot shot hostage negotiator who doesn’t do a whole lot of negotiating with the heroine. He’s a bossy dude in the best way.
- Ty Hendricks from Over The Edge. This is a shorter novel in Anne Calhoun’s EXCELLENT Uncommon Pleasure. There’s ménage, Marines, dirty talk and lots of deep and nuanced emotions, Calhoun is one of the very best.
- Sean Winthrop from All On The Line – the second book in Calhouns’ Uncommon Pleasure. Seriously, pick it up. You won’t regret it.
- Bern from Crosstown Crush. I could have a lot of Cara McKenna’s books on this list but Crosstown Crush – about a trio of people acting out one man’s cuckolding fantasies – is so hot and Bern directs the action with his dirty, dirty words.
- Kelly Robak from After Hours. Another McKenna book with so much grit and reality that the book actually feel voyeuristic. Kelly is one of my favorite heroes of all time and this book has a permanent place on my keeper shelf.
Ah! I’m one short! Who am I missing? Please comment to let me know your favorite foul-mouthed heroes!
Available October 13, 2015!
by Molly O'Keefe
Released: October 13th 2015
Series: Everything I Left Unsaid #1
Published by Bantam
Fans of Jodi Ellen Malpas, K. Bromberg, and Joanna Wylde will be unable to resist this sexy, deeply intimate tale of a woman running from her past, and the darkly mysterious man who sets her free.
I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.
And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.
His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.
Advance praise for Everything I Left Unsaid
“Exquisite, thrilling, and toe-curlingly sensual . . . a delicious guilty pleasure I never wanted to end!”—New York Times bestselling author Katy Evans
“I am head over heels in love with Everything I Left Unsaid by M. O’Keefe. Everything about this book hits the mark—the exceptional prose, the brilliantly defined characters, the delicious plot, and all the wonderful, dangerous secrets. It’s an absolute must-read keeper-shelf book!”—New York Times bestselling author J. Kenner
“I couldn’t put this book down. Annie’s story is heartbreaking, liberating, sweet, and sexy—I want more!”—New York Times bestselling author Monica Murphy
“Sweet, sizzling, sexy, and heart-wrenching, Everything I Left Unsaid broke my heart and left me yearning for more.”—New York Times bestselling author Megan Hart
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Pre-order the book EVERYTHING I LEFT UNSAID and fill out this form to enter to win a $50 GC.
Reading Order & Buy Links
$10 AMAZON GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY
Win 1 of 10 “Big Books” tote bags during the EVERYTHING I LEFT UNSAID Contest from M. O’Keefe!