So here we are, four years later. I remember perfectly how Under the Covers came to be. I was chatting with Annie via messenger while celebrating Easter with the family at our summer home. My internet connection out there could be pretty spotty so I was curled in bed on a good internet area, watching the ocean…. We were mainly talking about the amount of our friends lately that had started review blogs. We went back and forth about how much time it would require to do something like that and how neither one of us could make that commitment. But how awesome would it be to have a blog to review the books we read because we were already doing that on GoodReads? So Annie says…. “Let’s start a blog together and share in those responsibilities, should be easier that way!” The next day I was emailing Suzanne (who was also a friend of ours on GoodReads) and asked her if she would be in and make it an awesome trio. She came up with the name “Under the Covers” and we were off!
This week, while we celebrate the ending of our four year anniversary, we wanted to look back at some of our favorite moments on the blog. And after over 5,500 posts we had a lot to choose from, so believe me it wasn’t easy!
The first post I want to reminisce and highlight was our first “team” review. KISS OF SNOW by Nalini Singh was releasing that first month we started the blog and Annie and I were huge Psy-Changeling fans. So we decided to do the review as a chat. We settled in on a Sunday afternoon via Google Messenger to chat about the book, ask each other questions and then that transcript would be posted as our review. Except I forgot that my then boyfriend, now husband’s phone was setup with MY Google account. So while we chatted away, he was in the other room getting all our messages. Until he comes in and asks me why there’s a chick named Annie messaging him about how hot some dude named Lucas is and getting a little rowdy.
Anyway, you can read for yourselves here: click here.
OK ok, I want to keep this going with the theme sooooo here’s a small behind the scenes tidbit. That first month we started blogging and KISS OF SNOW was our most anticipated release that month, I emailed Nalini Singh (ha! with all of our 10 followers on the blog) and asked her if she would do a feature for us or let us interview her, etc. She then forwarded that email to her publicist, who was so nice to me and gave me plenty of info about the blogging world (yeah, I was clueless) and basically said that Nalini being such a big author, they looked for blogs to have good reach to make it worth her time to do something special. The bar she gave me at the time was 4,000 followers. The girls and I used that 4,000 followers as our driving motivation to work on the blog and increase our reach. Because we HAD to get Nalini to do an interview for us 😉 Now imagine our surprise, when after steady work on our part, and after working with said publicist on other things consistently, we get an invite to feature an interview with Nalini Singh! PS: we didn’t have the 4,000 followers yet.
So here’s our very first interview with Nalini Singh, on our first anniversary! Click here.
Another extremely fun moment on the blog for me was when author Cherise Sinclair wrote me into a “story” where I interviewed one of her characters. Totally unexpected! And so much fun to read! *Cue the swooning*
That sexy goodness can be found here: click here.
And then there was that one time I ended up in bed with William from the LOTU series by Gena Showalter… I swear I had nothing to do with this…..much!
Click here to read the post.
My next moment is not really a specific post, is the addition of Angela to Team UTC. We did manage to get some things out of her when we first interviewed her, including what woman would make her bat for the other team. And I think you all want to read that, right?
You’re welcome: click here.
We do the Dear Santa letters feature every year, but one stands out from the rest because after reading the letter one author wrote all of us said… “Wait, there’s a porn app?”
Read that here: click here.
I know, I know, you are probably done with me babbling right? Well, here’s another post that was so much fun to put together! Larissa Ione and Gena Showalter worked together for this one, with their demons battling each other in a Demon Fight Club! Mmmmmm, brains!
The battle is here: click here.
And the results of the poll can be found here: click here.
And there you have it! I could be at this for a while since there’s been so many great moments to think about, but these jumped to mind first! I can’t wait to celebrate even more anniversaries with my girls because at the end of the day there’s no better feeling than doing something you love WITH people you love. And I wouldn’t trade my co-bloggers for anything! Those bitches get me!
Now onto the fun stuff for you all….
yes another giveaway!!
This is our ONE AND ONLY Contemporary Romance bundle. We figured what better way than to give ONE lucky woman all the reading she can handle for at least the summer if not all year. What do you all think?
Actual picture of what you can win (and yes that huge ass box behind it is the box that’s getting filled to the top with the books and getting mailed out to maybe your home!
This SUMMER OF LOVE CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE bundle includes ….yes, count them, 51 books!
- Two of Hearts by Christina Lee
- Moonlight on Nightingale Way by Samantha Young
- No River Too Wide by Emilie Richards
- Coming Home by Lydia Michaels
- The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase
- Christmas at Tiffany’s by Karen Swan
- Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf
- City of Jasmine by Deanna Raybourn
- The Beekeeper’s Ball by Susan Wiggs
- Independently Wealthy by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
- Hot and Bothered by Kate Meader
- Secret Harbor by Anna Sullivan
- Serendipity by Carly Phillips
- First Time in Forever by Sarah Morgan
- Just Like Heaven by Lacey Baker
- Homecoming by Lacey Baker
- Meet Me at the Beach by V.K. Sykes
- Until We Touch by Susan Mallery
- Hold Me by Susan Mallery
- Kiss Me by Susan Mallery (ARC – June 30, 2015)
- When We Met by Susan Mallery
- The Girls of Mischief Bay by Susan Mallery
- Vanished by Elizabeth Heiter
- Change of Heart by Jude Deveraux
- Dogwood Hill by Sherryl Woods
- Texas Hold ‘Em by Christie Craig
- In the Mood for Love by Beth Ciotta
- For Keeps by Rachel Lacey
- Miss Match by Laurelin McGee
- Wild Iris Ridge by RaeAnne Thayne
- Redemption by RaeAnne Thayne
- The Rebel by R.C. Ryan
- And I Loved Her by Marie Force
- Bringing Home the Bad Boy by Jessica Lemmon
- The Promise by Robyn Carr
- The Homecoming by Robyn Carr
- A New Hope by Robyn Carr (ARC – June 30, 2015)
- Falling for Max by Shannon Stacey
- Under the Lights by Shannon Stacey
- No Denying You by Sydney Landon
- In Your Dreams by Kristan Higgins
- This Heart of Mine by Brenda Novak
- At Wolf Ranch by Jennifer Ryan
- When It’s Right by Jennifer Ryan
- Christmas at Twilight by Lori Wilde
- All I Want is You by Toni Blake
- Willow Springs by Toni Blake
- Love Me If You Dare by Toni Blake
- Take My Breath Away by Christie Ridgway
- Make Me Lose Control by Christie Ridgway
- Dash of Peril by Lori Foster
Bella Andre Summer of Love tote bag
- 23 December Romance Book Releases You Don’t Want to Miss - November 25, 2022
- Gift Ideas for Book Lovers: A Bookworm Christmas Guide - October 28, 2022
- Single Mom Romance Books to Make Your Heart Melt - October 25, 2022