I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by Laurann Dohner
Released: 27 December 2011
Series: New Species #5
Published by Ellora's Cave
” I lapped it up and was left wanting to read more and ‘nap myself a New Species male of my own!” ~ Under the Covers
You don’t need a blurb for this book; all you need to know, is that you have one hot alpha New Species male and one feisty human female together and BOOM you have Brawn, New Species #5. And like the previous four, I lapped it up and was left wanting to read more and ‘nap myself a New Species male of my own!
But on to the reasons why I liked Brawn more specifically….
1. Brawn. Sexy. Alpha. Protective. Gorgeous. Hung like a horse. And did I mention sexy? I will never get tired of Laurann Dohner’s New Species males. they may all be cut from the same cloth, but dayum that cloth is fine. But I did especially like Brawn, he was protective and sweet, even if he did manage to balls up a few times.
2. Becca. The heroine of the story and someone who I did struggle with at first. But when I thought about it and the more I got know her i found I admired her. Life seemed to have kicked her about somewhat and she is tricked into thinking Brawn has done the same. But she still tries to do the right thing and I liked that.
3. Brawn. I know I have said this already, but it really does bare repeating.
I did enjoy reading this and I liked Becca and Brawn together, as always the chemistry between them was undeniable, making the sex scenes they had really hot. But also, there is nothing more entertaining and sweet than watching a New Species male trying to court his mate. Another good read from Laurann Dohner and I continue to really like this series, I highly recommend you give this a try.
Fury: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
Slade: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
Valiant: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
Justice: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
Brawn: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads
Wrath: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads
Tiger: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads
Obisdian: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
Shadow: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
Moon: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads | Our Review
True: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads
Darkness: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | GoodReads
What did you think of our review?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below!
❤ ♡ Don’t want to miss any more posts? Subscribe to this blog by email! ♡ ❤
Annnnnd I will stop myself there, before I start waxing lyrical about my love of historical romance and fantasy as well; no one needs to know about my elf fantasies. As you can tell, I adore and day dream about most romance genres, and my three big loves are 1) reading about romance 2) writing about romance and 3) talking about romance with my gals. Which, is why I love Under the Covers so much, I get all my bookish needs satisfied and don’t get judged when I talk about my favourite characters like they are real people. Which they are right?
Latest posts by Suzanne (see all)
- ARC Review: Never Tell by Lisa Gardner - March 23, 2019
- Review: Transcendence by Shay Savage - March 21, 2019
- ROMANCEOPOLY Review: Armed & Magical by Lisa Shearin - March 18, 2019