This is the last session in our Experiment in Terror (EiT) Support Group, but we couldn’t send you all off without first equipping you with proper tools for survival. This is something we learnt whilst reading the EiT series, you can’t just grab the book and go; there are preparations to make and supplies to purchase, but don’t worry the series is more than worth the effort.
Please benefit from UTC’s experience and make sure you tick off everything on the below checklist before you start reading the EiT series:
- Download the whole series, including novellas you don’t want to waste time between reads.
- Book some days off work, once you get started you don’t want to stop for mundane things like working (or showering, in which case you might want to stock up on deodorant as well)
- Make this a buddy read, you need someone to talk to this about. To bounce around theories, bitch about characters and moon over Dex with, if you don’t you will burst. To all your other friends, warn them you will MIA for a while.
- Find a comfortable seat and make sure you have the following within reach:
- Bottle of Jack Daniels, so you can feel in tune with the characters
- Snacks, you don’t want to be getting up too much for sustenance
- Box of Kleenex, you will need it!
- Pillow and a blanket- you need something to hide behind when it gets scary!
- Phone and charger- you need to keep in contact with your buddy reader at all times!
- Vibrator- Sometimes a girl needs some relief after all the Dexy time.
Once you have finished you may find it hard to adjust back to everyday life, but don’t worry that is a perfectly normal reaction. First thing you need to do is take a shower and brush your teeth; it may have been a while. Once you no longer smell like week old socks you will need to pick for your next read an old favourite, something you know love that will jolt you out of a post EiT book slump before it begins. After that, real life can once again commence. Until the next book is out.
It’s been two months since Perry Palomino and Dex Foray’s relationship reached a new turning point, two months since Perry started a new life in Seattle, and two months since their Experiment in Terror show took on a new partner, ex-Wine Babe Rebecca Sims, and found a new level of success. But whenever there is light in their lives, the madness still has a way of coming back in.
When the team is sent back to the stormy Oregon coast to investigate a haunted school, Perry wants to use the opportunity to reconnect with her family and reintroduce Dex into their lives. Only Perry’s not the only one who’s reaching out – her grandmother Pippa has started appearing to her with disturbing warnings and Perry’s presence at the school has ignited a chilling new wave of supernatural phenomenon. Once used a century ago as a sanatorium to house children dying of tuberculosis, the school’s past residents are slowly coming back to life and with one thing on their mind. They want someone to play with, someone to join them. Forever.
Even when dead, some children get whatever they want.
And they want Perry.
Experiment in Terror # 8
Coming December 11, 2013
During the month of November we will be giving you the opportunity to enter our Experiment in Terror giveaway. If you are a new reader of the series, then you will get a complete set of ebooks, including all novellas. If you’ve read them all, then you can enter to win a signed copy of DARKHOUSE that Karina has graciously offered to send out. This giveaway is open to everyone!
Latest posts by Under the Covers Book Blog (see all)
- November Reading Wrap-Up - December 2, 2019
- November’s #romanceopolyathon TBR - November 9, 2019
- Interview and Giveaway with Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward - November 8, 2019