Author Override is the place where authors take the reins and take you on a journey into their world. Some may allow you into their private writing dens. Others may take you along with them on research trips or interviews. Whatever the case may be, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride because here you’ll get an in-depth look into an author’s musings.
Old Rockers Never Die. They Just Get Hornier.
~ by Lexxie Couper ~
Some of you may have already met Nick Blackthorne. Nick rocked my world (see what I did there?) way back in September 2011 with Tropical Sin and hasn’t shut up since. But really, with a voice like Nick’s, I’m not going to complain. Since then, Nick’s old band members have been demanding time on the stage again and who am I to say no to sexy rock stars?
But in researching the life of a rock star, I discovered some very interesting…stuff about sex and rock stars.
- Slash, guitar god from Guns N’ Roses believes a courageous man is sure to get “lucky”. “Guys go drinking with other guys. They hunt for women in packs. Women, surprise surprise, don’t often find that appealing. It’s usually the guy who shows he’s willing to break away who makes the most progress.”
- Drummers are often the band’s surprise groupie magnet. “Drumming is physically demonstrative,” says Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac fame. “People can see you doing it. You make big shapes, you move a lot, you look good.” (By the way, Drummers sweat. A lot. Male sweat is a proven aphrodisiac, so don’t be afraid to let go on the dancefloor.)
- Alice Cooper (hey, cool last name!) believes fear is a great way to get laid. “I was always effeminate in a way that tried to be frightening and unnerving,” he is quoted as saying. “I was quite surprised to find that this actually turned on as many women as it frightened.”
- Mötley Crüe man Tommy Lee is a firm believer in manscaping. “Dudes, mow the front lawn. Trust me, the right woman – fuck that, any woman – will appreciate it. So keep your pubes under control… and if you have [enough] back hair that your girl can knit a sweater up your spine, do something about it!”
- Social Distortion lead singer Mike Ness can reportedly suck his own penis and he likes to show off by doing this. Mike also likes to put his hands down the pants of unsuspecting female fans and fondle himself in front of them.
- According to one groupie site, Kid Rock is one of the “filthiest” rock stars around. Apparently, says a groupie, he’s into orgies, exhibitionism, and fisting. And he likes cigars…and not just for smoking!
- Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett has earned high praise for his lovemaking abilities, with one lady describing him as “fantastic” with a “gorgeous dick.”
- Steven Tyler of Aerosmith is considered the best rock star to have sex with, according to a survey done on Groupie Central’s message board. He’s been described as a “sex god.” Steven earned high praise from all the groupies who had sex with him, and he was singled out in particular for his oral sex abilities. Steven puts that ample mouth of his to good use!
- Axl Rose of Guns ‘N Roses apparently had the sound engineer record him giving a woman an orgasm on the floor of the recording studio. That woman’s orgasm can be heard buried somewhere beneath the music on the Guns N’ Roses album, Appetite for Destruction.
- The Who’s drummer Keith Moon went to a restaurant with seven prostitutes, sat them all on the bar, declared “I am the great Moonio!” and then proceeded to perform oral sex on them all as the restaurants other customers looked on horrified.
- Duran Duran guitarist Warren Cuccurullo marketed an 8” dildo, the Rock Rod, modeled on his own genitalia, in 2002.
Now…tell me you didn’t find yourself picturing just about every thing I listed here. Hee hee hee. I did, while researching for my rock star books and boy, did it make for some…interesting…mind-mapping and character backstory antics. What all this research did (plus the stuff I left out today. Trust me, there was heaps more. Some of it really really weird), was show me just who my rock gods were and how they went about giving pleasure to the women—and in one case, man—they love. None involved red snappers (you don’t even want to know which rock star in real life used a live fish. Honest) or cigars, but all involved an obscene amount of passion and lust and desire. And occasionally ropes. And whipped cream. Hee hee hee.
He never missed a beat…until she taught him a whole new rhythm.
Heart of Fame, Book 4
Back when he was playing drums for rock star Nick Blackthorne, it was easy for Noah Holden to focus on the sticks in his hand. Now that the band is getting back together, he’s excited—and worried. His ADHD has made every minute of his post-Blackthorne life a chaotic mess.
His apprehension is blown away when a bar waitress makes him a proposition—and not the kind this king of drums is used to.
When Pepper Kerrigan overhears the band talking reunion, she pushes her self-doubt aside, calls on her encyclopedic music knowledge and challenges Noah Holden to a trivia contest. Her prize should she win? An audition. His? A kiss. Their smoking sexual chemistry guarantees victory—for them both.
With Pepper, Noah is finally able to control his stormy creative energy. But when his wild past catches up with him, he faces the fight of his life to keep from losing his smoky-voiced angel. The one woman who keeps his mind—and his heart—staying on rhythm.
Warning: There’s a thrumming, primitive, sexual energy in every rock drummer’s body, just waiting to be released, surging to the fore with every pounding strike of his sticks on the taut skin of his drums. Now imagine that raw energy in bed. With you…
Excerpt (Warning: it’s a naughty one)
The soft material of Pepper’s shirt shimmied over her chin, her lips, her face like a silken caress. Cool air kissed her newly exposed skin. Her nipples, already puckered, pinched tighter, rubbing against the lace of her bra.
When Noah tossed her shirt aside, his gaze roaming over what he’d revealed, a ripple of terrified rapture claimed her.
He lifted his blue gaze to hers, his nostrils flaring. His hair hung over his forehead, damp and messy. “I need you.”
It was a statement, but at the same time a question. Pepper knew if she shook her head, he’d step away. She trusted him. He’d back off and give her the platonic space she’d told him she wanted. All it would take was one word from her.
She reached behind her back and released the fastener of her bra.
The delicate lace fell away from her breasts. “I need you,” she whispered.
Noah sucked in a slow breath. His stare held hers, despite what she’d just revealed to him. “Say it again.”
Pepper’s sex constricted at the raw desire in his voice. “I need you, Noah Holden. I want you. Now.”
He closed his eyes, his jaw bunching. “Pepper,” he groaned, “I didn’t plan on it happening here. There’s no bed, no roses, no—”
She pressed her fingers to his lips, smiling when his gaze returned to hers. “I can’t think of anywhere else more perfect.”
His jaw bunched once more. And then, almost reverent, he brushed the palms of his hands up her ribcage, over the side swell of her breasts.
She let out a soft moan, swaying slightly into his barely-there touch.
His thumbs skimmed the tips of her breasts, a feather-light stroke of flesh on flesh. It was the only contact he made.
It drove Pepper wild.
Her pussy contracted again, an insistent, impatient throb.
She watched him as he continued to tease her nipples, the honest hunger etched on his face making her head spin.
He brushed at her nipples with his thumbs and then circled them with steady fingers.
She swayed toward him again, aching for more.
He trailed his fingertips around her areola once, twice before tracing a slow line up over the swell of her breasts to the base of her throat. Pepper lifted her chin, closing her eyes as he lowered his head and touched his tongue to the shallow dip there.
A shiver raced through her. Warm moisture pooled in her sex.
She didn’t move. Stood motionless, offering everything she was to Noah.
He raised his head from her throat, his delicate caress of her nipples resuming.
With every stroke on her flesh, Pepper’s need grew. And still, Noah did little more than explore her breasts and nipples with tender fingertips.
Her breath left her in shallow hitches. Her belly clenched.
She licked her lips, staring up at his face as he watched his hands move over her body.
Oh God, she would not survive much more. Was it possible to orgasm without any physical contact of her sex?
Another ripple of aching need claimed her. She whimpered, her eyes closing again. And then gasped when he closed warm lips around her left nipple. She bucked, burying her fingers in Noah’s hair.
He worshiped the taut peak with gentle laps of his tongue, circled its puckered tip in slow swipes.
“Noah,” Pepper murmured, rolling her head backward. “Oh, Noah…”
He removed his mouth from her breast and blew a cool stream of air on her moistened flesh.
Pepper’s pussy squeezed, longing for a cock that wasn’t there. Noah’s cock.
She’d never wanted to feel a man inside her like she did him.
“Noah,” she murmured again. “Please…”
He slowly lowered himself to his knees before her, smoothed his palms over her hip and pressed his lips to her belly.
Steady Beat is available 15th October. You can pre-order it now at Samhain (click here), Amazon (click here) and Barnes and Noble (click here)
Nick Blackthorne, the rock god that started it all can be found in…
and makes a cameo appearance in his bodyguard’s book…
About Lexxie Couper
Lexxie Couper started writing when she was six and hasn’t stopped since. She’s not a deviant, but she does have a deviant’s imagination and a desire to entertain readers with her words. Add the two together and you get erotic romances that can make you laugh, cry, shake with fear or tremble with desire. Sometimes all at once.
When she’s not submerged in the worlds she creates, Lexxie’s life revolves around her family, a husband who thinks she’s insane, a indoor cat who likes to stalk shadows, and her daughters, who both utterly captured her heart and changed her life forever.
Having no idea how old she really is, Lexxie decided to go with 27 and has been that age for quite some time now. It’s the best of both worlds – old enough to act mature, young enough to be silly.
Lexxie lives by two simple rules – measure your success not by how much money you have, but by how often you laugh, and always try everything at least once. As a consequence, she’s laughed her way through many an eyebrow raising adventure.
Lexxie is giving away a copy of Love’s Rhythm to one commenter.
Just answer the question: What rock star would you love to sleep with?
Latest posts by Under the Covers Book Blog (see all)
- Author Override: Caroline Linden - September 23, 2019
- New Releases for September 17, 2019 - September 17, 2019
- Five Drinks to Write With by Hailey Turner + Giveaway - September 16, 2019