Author Override is the place where authors take the reins and take you on a journey into their world. Some may allow you into their private writing dens. Others may take you along with them on research trips or interviews. Whatever the case may be, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride because here you’ll get an in-depth look into an author’s musings.
10 Reasons to Love Sloane Michaels
I’ve just released OBSESSION, the third and final book in The Plus One Chronicles Trilogy, and I’m excited to be here at Under the Covers today to share a bit about why I fell in love with the hero, Sloane Michaels. I love dark and sexy alpha heroes, and I believe that Sloane fits that description. In my mind there’s a definite difference between an alpha man and a jerk. The alpha protects and respects the heroine while supporting her efforts to achieve her goals and dream. The jerk is a control freak, an often insecure and immature man who is threatened by a woman’s success.
I’m really hoping Sloane is on the alpha side of that line!
Here are ten reasons why I love Sloane:
1) Sloane is a billionaire. Because you know, there are just so many 30-year-old, super hot, male billionaires strolling around, looking for the average woman to love. Wait…did someone just say that’s not true? Oh well, it doesn’t matter, this is fiction! .
2) Sloane is an ex UFC fighter who won three championships. The man has skills, he can and protect his woman. Hmm…that sounds like the woman can’t protect herself. Oh wait, Sloane is teaching our heroine self defense so she can protect herself. So that works then! Not only does he protect his woman, but he believes she can protect herself with the right training.
3) Sloane is hot, ripped, amazingly strong and sexy. He trains rigorously, and we get to see him (through Kat’s eyes) wearing nothing more than shorts and a layer of sweat covering his gleaming muscles.
4) Sloane is loyal to his friends. Nothing shakes that loyalty, even when one of them has end stage cancer. Sloane brings the power of his wealth and connections to get treatment, and when all that fails, he moves Drake into his house to care for him. No matter how much this hurts Sloane, he won’t fail Drake.
5) Sloane isn’t freaked out by Kat’s limp or panic attacks. When he sees her scars on her leg, they don’t bother him a bit. He sees those scars as symbols of her strength and survival.
6) Sloane loves Kat’s lemon cupcakes and makes sure that she knows it.
7) Sloane is overprotective, but he also respects Kat’s boundaries. For instance, he never tries to stop her from going to work. Even when Kat is hurt, he lets her figure out for herself that she can’t go to work the next day as this scene clips shows. Kat wakes up in the middle the night in pain after she’d been involved in an accident:
She fumbled for the ibuprofen when the door opened, spilling in Sloane wearing only boxers, dark scruff on his jaw and mussed hair.
He set a cold pack on the counter and took the bottle of pills from her hand. “We tried this your way. It didn’t work. You’ve been moaning in your sleep for the last twenty minutes.” He set them aside and picked up the brown bottle. With her bracketed between his biceps, his front pressed to her back, he poured out two prescription pain pills. “Take them. Please.”
She stared at his hands which were covered in cuts and scrapes from getting her and the kids out of the car. They were still shiny from the ointment Kat had insisted on putting on them after she and Sloane showered. Sloane had let her care for him, and now he was trying to care for her. “I was stupid to think I could go to work in a few hours.” Sloane had known it, but he hadn’t tried to force her to take the pain pills earlier. He’d let her handle it her way.
There’s real concern in Sloane but he also respects that Kat’s a grown woman and capable of making her own decisions.
8) Sloane isn’t threatened by Kat’s drive to achieve success with her bakery on her own. While he’d love to make it happen for her, he fully understands that Kat needs to achieve this on her own. He supports her efforts and celebrates her successes. The only thing he asks—okay maybe demands—is that she is safe.
9) Sloane is very VERY good lover, and he’s 100% focused on the woman he craves—Kat. Even I was surprised at the sheer intensity of their chemistry. I knew they’d be good together, but their emotional connection is so strong, and Sloane loves Kat with a soul-searing passion that (I hope!) shows in their story.
10) The last reason to loves Sloane Michaels—he’s the ultimate tortured hero, and yet he has the absolute best heart of any fictional man I’ve ever written about. When the story begins in THE PROPOSITION, it seems that Sloane is going to save Kat…but by OBSESSION we find that Kat has grown into a woman strong enough to save Sloane.
The Plus One Chronicles is the an erotic love story full blazing sensuality, laugh out loud fun and heart wrenching moments. I hope you’ll give the books a try and let me know if you think Sloane Michaels is a hero worth loving.
The Plus One Chronicles
A wicked proposition…
A sensual possession…
A dark obsession…
The Plus One Chronicles: Searing passion and fiery vengeance collide in three explosive books.
The Plus One Chronicles, Book 1
Rich, sexy and volatile, Sloane Michaels has a dark agenda that keeps his heart on ice. His extreme wealth gives him the control he craves and his skills as an ex UFC fighter the tools he’ll need to extract his ultimate revenge. But when the woman he never believed he’d see again crosses his path, Sloane is caught between the vengeance he needs and a sexual conquest he craves.
Kat Thayne has been in survival mode for six years, hiding behind the sweet creations for her bakery. But when a random carjacking brings her face-to-face with her darkest fears and hottest fantasy, Kat is forced out of hiding and offered a dangerously passionate proposition. One she knows she isn’t strong enough to refuse.
The Plus One Chronicles, Book 2
**Please note: Possession is book two of a three book series. Readers should start with The Proposition.**
Savagely sexy billionaire Sloane Michaels ruthlessly controls his life and everything in it. Even his sex partners are carefully negotiated plus-one arrangements, including his latest, the fiery bakery owner, Kat Thayne. But Sloane’s control is challenged when his mentor becomes seriously ill, and his need for Kat, his need to possess her at all costs, rivals only his single-minded goal of vengeance for the murder of his sister.
After surviving an attack six years ago, Kat Thayne escaped her fears in the protective world of her beloved bakery. Then Sloane Michaels storms into her life, making her feel beautiful, strong and sexy. Yet as Kat pushes her boundaries and uncovers a dangerous secret in her past, Sloane’s controlling side emerges. Worried that Sloane will possess her mind, body and soul, Kat fights to keep her hard won independence. But just as Sloane demands her complete surrender, she discovers he has a dark side that could destroy them both.
**Possession is an adult contemporary novel and is not intended for younger readers due to mature content.**
The Plus One Chronicles, Book 3
In the explosive conclusion to The Plus One Chronicles Trilogy, obscenely rich, jaggedly handsome and still obsessed with love and vengeance, Sloane Michaels must face an impossible choice: lose the woman he loves or betray his twin sister’s memory.
Watching the man she adores destroy himself for revenge, Kat Thayne knows she should run and never look back. But running isn’t her way anymore. Kat has grown into a fierce fighter, and the man who helped her get there is the very man who needs her strength now. But as the sizzling passion and hard-won love bind Kat and Sloane even tighter together, old secrets and lies explode around them. Danger threatens. And Kat soon realizes that she’s risking more than her heart to be with Sloane…she’s risking her very life.
Jennifer Lyon’s OBSESSION Tour Schedule – 10/14 – 10/26
10/14 – Book Monster Reviews (guest post)
10/14 Shayna Renee’s Spicy Reads (Spotlight)
10/15 Literal Hotties Naughty Book Reviews (Spotlight)
10/15 Saucy & Sinful Reviews (Interview/Review)
10/15 You Gotta Read Reviews (Spotlight)
10/16 Book Pages and Dripping Ink (Guest Post)
10/16 RomanceJunkies.com (Interview)
10/18 Books And Their Seven Deadly Sins (Interview)
10/18 Sassy Book Lovers (Spotlight)
10/18 The Reading Café (Spotlight/Review)
10/20 Book Lovin’ Mamas (Guest Post/Review)
10/20 Rumpled Sheets Blog (Spotlight)
10/20 We Love Kink (Spotlight/Review)
10/21 Cocktails and Books (Guest Post)
10/21 Inner Goddess (Spotlight)
10/21 Salacious Reads (Spotlight/Review)
10/21 Victoria’s gossip (Guest Post)
10/22 Books-n-Kisses (Interview)
10/22 Dalene’s Book Reviews (Spotlight)
10/22 V,W,&,F,OhMy! (Guest Post)
10/23 Same Book, Different Review (Spotlight)
10/23 Under the covers (Guest Post / Review)
10/24 Scorching Book Reviews (spotlight)
10/25 Babbling About Books and More (Spotlight)
10/25 Coffee Talk (Interview)
10/25 For the Love of Bookends (Spotlight)
10/25 Wicked readings by Tawania (Spotlight)
10/26 Books Books and More Books (Guest Post)
10/26 Offbeat Vagabond (Interview)
Jennifer Lyon grew up under the shadow of the Matterhorn at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. She attended Walt Disney elementary school and her very first playmate was her beloved dog, Duke, who was cast in the role of hero in all their adventures.
Clearly Jen was born to daydream. But it took her years to figure out how to turn her imagination into a career as an author. After marrying and becoming a full time mom to three sons, Jen launched her career with the award winning Samantha Shaw Mystery Series and other romantic mysteries under the name Jennifer Apodaca. Later, she took the name Jennifer Lyon, combined her love of witches, alpha males and sizzling romance into another award winning series, the Wing Slayer Hunters.
Jennifer has several new releases coming out this year. THE PROPOSITION, the first book in her new Plus One Chronicles was just released on February 24 and following later in the year will be Book Two: POSSESSION – Coming 5/28/13 and Book Three: OBSESSION – Coming 9/24/13.
Writing under Jennifer Apodaca she will be releasing the first book in her Once A Marine series, titled THE BABY BARGAIN which will be out in March 2013 from Entangled Publishing in their Indulgence line.
For more information on Jen or her books, please visit her website www.jenniferlyonbooks.com
Jennifer is giving away the following prizes at the end of her tour:
GRAND PRIZE: $50.00 gift card to Amazon or B&N
RUNNERS UP: TWO (2) runners up each get a $25.00 gift card
to Amazon or B&N