Author Override is the place where authors take the reins and take you on a journey into their world. Some may allow you into their private writing dens. Others may take you along with them on research trips or interviews. Whatever the case may be, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride because here you’ll get an in-depth look into an author’s musings.
Hi, everyone!! Happy Halloween! It is such a pleasure to be here at Under the Covers! 😉 Today, in honor of Halloween, I’m sharing the top 10 places to take a vamp on a date. Ready? Let’s do this!
10. A haunted house. Come on—a vamp would feel right at home in these spooky quarters.
9. Your local theater. It’s the perfect time to catch a scary movie. Why should you fear the crazy guy from Saw when you have your vamp at your side? You can just cuddle close to your vamp and let him enjoy a—you know, drink or something.
8. New Orleans. Okay, this is a BIG date, but the Big Easy was made for the undead. At midnight, you could stroll around and enjoy a beignet while he enjoys—um, the night life?
7. Two words: Haunted. Hayride. What? Those are awesome. And who knows? Maybe your vamp was alive back when folks regularly took hayrides all over the place. This could be a nostalgia moment for him.
6. Corn maze. No, I’m not going all Children of the Corn on you. I seriously think a vamp would enjoy racing through the corn maze as he chases after you. It’s got the whole predator/prey thing happening. Just make sure he doesn’t get too caught up in the predator bit.
5. A cemetery. Why? I have no idea…I just felt like this one needed to go on the list.
4. Your local bar. Every vamp enjoys a good drink!
3. A haunted lighthouse. (Okay, *if* you have one of these in your area. I realize haunted lighthouses aren’t exactly thick on the ground.) You can head up to the top of the lighthouse at midnight for a romantic rendezvous.
2. Why go out? Stay in with your vamp. Turn out the lights. Offer up some warm dinner—or yourself, totally up to you.
1. A blood bank. I KNOW you saw that one coming. Treat him to an all-you-can-eat buffet, and he will love you forever.
Got any more date spots for vamps? Please share! Three commenters will be randomly selected to win digital copies of my vampire romance, BOUND IN DEATH.
She can’t remember him…
He can never forget her.
For over two hundred years, alpha werewolf Alerac O’Neill has been searching for his mate, Keira McDonough, a woman who was taken from him and imprisoned by a dark vampire master. He’s hunted for her, endlessly, using vampire blood to extend his life. He has become a vicious predator, feared by all the supernaturals. His hold on reality seems to slip more each day because he is consumed by her.
Only…the woman he discovers in a small Miami bar isn’t the Keira that he remembers. In fact, this woman doesn’t remember anything. She calls herself Jane Smith, and she has no memory at all of Alerac—or of her own past.
Now that she’s been found, Alerac knows that his enemies are going to start closing in on her. Jane may try to act human, but she’s not. She’s a pureblood vampire princess, incredibly powerful and incredibly valuable. His enemies want to use her, her enemies want to destroy her, and Alerac—he just wants her.
If he can’t make her remember him, then Alerac has to seduce Jane into loving him once again. Because now that he’s found her, he’ll fight hell—and every sadistic vampire that stalks the night—in order to keep her safe at his side.
Some bonds go deeper than the flesh. Some go beyond life. Beyond death.
Jane will soon learn that a werewolf’s claiming…is forever
About the Author:
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden has written over thirty novels and novellas. She was named as a 2013 RITA® finalist for her paranormal romance, ANGEL IN CHAINS, and, in 2011, Cynthia Eden was a RITA finalist for her romantic suspense, DEADLY FEAR.
Cynthia is a southern girl who loves horror movies, chocolate, and happy endings. She has always wanted to write (don’t most authors say that?), and particularly enjoys creating stories about monsters-vampires, werewolves, and even the real-life monsters who populate her romantic suspense stories.