I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by Katie Ashley
Released: February 14, 2013
Published by Self Published
Intriguing, but too short to really make an impression. ~ Under the Covers
I read THE PARTY first because on GR, it says that it is the prequel. Yeah, no.
I felt a little lost as to what was going on. I would suggest reading this short after the series, just as something extra to read. This is Aiden and Emma’s story, but it’s just really glimpses here and there. Nothing that really forms a whole story so I definitely believe it’s best to read THE PROPOSITION and THE PROPOSAL first.
As this is my first Katie Ashley book, I’ll give you my first impression rundown:
- I liked the style of writing and also enjoyed the author’s voice.
- Aiden Fitzgerald’s character didn’t strike me as someone I would fall in love with based on first impression. I think I will have to hold off on making an opinion until I read the rest of the series.
- Emma is sweet but I wanted more of a conflict with her character.
You can download a free copy of this book at Smashwords here.
Did you like this review? If so, please tell us your thoughts in the comments!
When it comes to books I’m pretty adventurous. I read everything from Paranormal Romance to Urban Fantasy, New Adult, BDSM, LGBT fiction, Cozy Mysteries and even YA. If it’s got the littlest trace of romance in it, then I’ll probably read it. That being said, my all-time favorite authors are J.R. Ward and Karen Marie Moning.
When I’m not submerged in a good book, you can find me musing about makeup and planners or dreaming about Kpop boys and beaches. Until then, check out my reviews and let’s talk books!
Latest posts by Annie (see all)
- ARC Review: Promise of Darkness by Bec McMaster - September 19, 2019
- ARC Review: Captivating in Love by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully - September 18, 2019
- ARC Review: Frost and Flame by Gena Showalter - September 17, 2019