I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by Tessa Dare
Released: December 11, 2012
Published by Avon Impulse
“Page-turner and addicting.” ~Under the Covers
There are a few things that are very clear to me after finishing this book:
- I will religiously read anything Tessa Dare writes because she is now one of my favorite historical authors. Why? Because I have LOVED everything she’s written that I’ve read, period. No questions about it. Her books are always page-turners and addicting for me. I feel that I get so involved in the story, thanks to her wonderful writing, that it’s as if I’m attending the balls and getting in adventures with the characters.
- She can write the best characters! The heroine AND hero of this story are both so amazing. No wilting flowers here, but not excessively feisty either. Eliza Cade is the perfect blend of what I like in a heroine. She starts off young and bubbly. She’s loyal to friends and family. When she figures out what she wants, she goes after it.
- I realize that although we all love the bad boy hero, there’s something better…the bad boy hero who is really a good boy at heart. Mr. Wright surprised me in the end and I couldn’t help but want one of my own.
- The woman has a talent for short stories. This is really an art. It’s not easy to write a short story about characters we’ve never heard about, about lives we’ve never cared for before, and make us fall in love and immerse ourselves in just a short 100 pages. This is now the second time that Tessa Dare rocks with a short story that I’ve read.
- I can’t help but LOVE the title. Even though I usually can’t remember it. 🙂
Are those enough reasons why you should read this book?
*ARC provided by publisher
Did you like this review? If so, please tell us your thoughts in the comments below!