“I make a new discovery that totally blows…dying is the easy part. It’s coming back to life that sucks.” ICED
If you’re like me, then you’re already doing your Fever series re-read and are gearing up for the release of ICED. I’m in the middle of listening to the SHADOWFEVER audiobook right now.
Yesterday, KMM cleared up some rumors and concerns that a lot of readers have over ICED and the change to Dani’s POV. Here’s a recap of what she said:
– ICED, BURNED and FLAYED are NOT YA books. KMM says that she really straddles the line. Some things might be controversial, but that readers should still trust in her.
-ICED is considered book six in the Fever series, set in Dani’s POV (with a couple other POVs mixed in). This fact was new to me. I had been thinking all this time that it was a spin-off but if you have not read books 1-5 yet, then you will definitely be missing some key events since ICED begins even before the last book, SHADOWFEVER ends. So if you’re planning on trying out ICED without having read the others, I highly suggest you jump in and catch up on the others first.
-BURNED (book 7) and FLAYED (book 8) are next after ICED (Duh.) And then we are back to book 9 and 10 which will be in Mac’s POV. Books 6,7, and 8 are crucial to the series, so skipping these ones and jumping straight back into Mac’s POV in book 9 and 10 won’t make any sense.
Here are some notes on Dani and the sex concern…
– Dani is 14 at the start of the series but by the end, she will be 17.
-Yes, there will be sex. She’ll pop her cherry with one of the guys in the series. Hmmm, I wonder who the cherry picker is?
-Dani’s voice will have matured from what we have read in the previous Fever books.
– And lastly, if you know KMM, then you know she likes to torture her readers with major cliffhangers. She states that ICED will have a good wrap-up, but that doesn’t mean that the others won’t have killer endings!!!! You never really know with her. She slays me.
For a more information, check out KMM’s facebook page.
by J.C. Daniels
(Kit Colbana # 2)
Kit Colbana is always biting off more than she can chew. She has a knack for finding trouble. This time, though, trouble finds her. Someone from her past drops a case into her lap that she just can’t refuse…literally.People on the Council are dying left and right and she’s been requested to investigate the deaths. The number one suspect? Her lover, Damon. If she doesn’t clear his name, he gets a death sentence. Even if she succeeds? They still might try to execute him. Oh, and she’s not allowed to tell him about the case, either.The stakes are high this time around, higher than they’ve ever been. Kit may be forced to pay the ultimate price to save her lover’s life…a price that could destroy her and everything she loves.
Latest posts by Under the Covers Book Blog (see all)
- November’s #romanceopolyathon TBR - November 9, 2019
- Interview and Giveaway with Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward - November 8, 2019
- Yuletide Bingo Readathon Announcement - November 6, 2019