Released: April 24, 2012
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Blood of Eden #1
THE IMMORTAL RULES is my first read my Julie Kagawa. I have heard many good things about this author so I thought I would give this series a shot. Here are my thoughts on book one of the Blood of Eden series:
WHAT I LIKED:
– Straight from the beginning, I noticed Kagawa’s writing style. I enjoyed her voice. It suits YA very well and is engaging and unique. I don’t read YA often anymore so sometimes it takes me awhile to get used to their style once again, but with this book, it was super easy. No straining, nothing but smooth sailing.
– The worldbuilding – THE IMMORTAL RULES takes on powerful vampires and rabids and a world that I would probably die in if I lived there. But thank goodness I don’t because it’s kind of scary to be honest. Kagawa’s new world takes readers into the dark side, giving vampires a new twist which was very interesting. I think in the first book of the series, it is important to establish a unique world and I feel that the author has accomplished that with this first instalment.
– Allie – She shows a lot of strength, even from when she was a human. She’s a fighter at heart and it’s nice to see a young girl who is intelligent and resourceful. I also loved that she is Asian.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
– There were times in the book where I felt the pacing was off. Some scenes dragged on for too long so I wished that there was something there that would have picked it up a bit.
Overall, THE IMMORTAL RULES is a nice start to a new series. I wonder what Kagawa has planned next. It will be interesting to see if she can conquer vampires as she has done with fae.
- 23 December Romance Book Releases You Don’t Want to Miss - November 25, 2022
- Gift Ideas for Book Lovers: A Bookworm Christmas Guide - October 28, 2022
- Single Mom Romance Books to Make Your Heart Melt - October 25, 2022