I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by J.R. Ward
Released: September 6, 2005
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #1
Published by Signet
Anyone who has spoken harems, fictional boyfriends, BDB or, hell, even their weeks shopping list with me will know about my slight interest in Wrath and when I say slight I mean rabid take-me-now-baby obsession. I can’t help it, I’m like Pavlovs dogs, hear bell start salivating, hear Wrath…start salivating. He is six foot six inches of muscle bound hot possesive male and king of the vampires, even if he doesn’t want to be. He is also part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, a group of vampire males dedicated to stopping the Lessening society, a group of soulless humans, from slaughtering vampires. But one of their members have recently died, tipping favour in the lessers direction unless something drastic is done, the vampires need their King.
This is my favourite series. Ever. There is something about these books that hooks you and reels you in encasing you fully in BDB land, you can always tell someone in BDB land, they walk around with a haze in their eyes and a dreamy smile on their face and they all come out kicking and screaming. There are three things I like most about the Black Dagger Brotherhood books:
1. The WARDen’s writing. Her style is so exotic and unique, granted sometimes, especially in future books, you may need an urban dictionairy to understand what the Brothers are saying, but I think her writing really separates her books from PNR crowd, it completely cocoons you in their world. Her way with words can be beautiful as well, she has unusual ways of describing emotions and people that really bring it to vivid relaity to the reader, or atleast it does for me.
2. The Brothers. There are plenty of books out there, some better then others, which at its core has a group of warriors and throughout the series they all get hitched up with their ideal mate, for me BDB is the best of this group. Every single brother is well drawn out, reading these books is like coming back to see old friends. The relationships with eachother, as well as with their shellans gives these books warmth and more emotion then you can shake a stick at.
3. Wrath. Well, I LOVE him, seriously the sexiest character. Ever. Did you know my middle name is Elizabeth, I think that’s a sign.
I haven’t really spoken much about this book in particular, apart from waxing poetic about Wrath ofcourse, but all of the above applies to it, Dark Lover is the start of a truely fantastic series that will leave you panting for more with every page and every book. Welcome to a new obsession.
Why I Love Peaches…
Do you want to know what you taste like?” He said against her breast.
One long finger dipped into her body. As if he wannted her to know he wasn’t talking about her mouth.
She gripped his neck through his silk shirt, scoring him with her nails.
“Peaches,” he said, shifting her body, moving downward with his mouth, kissing the skin of her stomach. “Like eating peaches. Silky flesh on my lips and tongue as I suck. Smooth and sweet down the back of my throat when I swallow.”
Annnnnd I will stop myself there, before I start waxing lyrical about my love of historical romance and fantasy as well; no one needs to know about my elf fantasies. As you can tell, I adore and day dream about most romance genres, and my three big loves are 1) reading about romance 2) writing about romance and 3) talking about romance with my gals. Which, is why I love Under the Covers so much, I get all my bookish needs satisfied and don’t get judged when I talk about my favourite characters like they are real people. Which they are right?
Latest posts by Suzanne (see all)
- ROMANCEOPOLY Review: Armed & Magical by Lisa Shearin - March 18, 2019
- ARC Review: Laws of Physics 2: Space by Penny Reid - March 16, 2019
- Genre Guide for Beginners: Chapter 9, New Adult - March 15, 2019