I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by Kristina Douglas
Released: May 31, 2011
Series: The Fallen #2
Published by Pocket
OK, call me crazy, but you might notice that I didn’t necessarily love book one of this series. I had to actually push myself to finish it. But here I am reading book two. Why you might ask? A couple of reasons actually.
1. I have a bad habit of wanting to know what happens in a series. It has to really be terrible for me to not give it another shot.
2. Kristina Douglas is actually a pen name of Anne Stuart. And I LOVE Anne Stuart. So I wondered how can I love her work as Anne Stuart and not give this other pen name another shot?
3. I actually liked the world itself in this series and I was intrigued by Azazel’s character in the first book.
So what did I learn? The series does get a little better. For the most part I didn’t want to kill the heroine and believe that’s a step up from what I wanted to do the first heroine. However Azazel disappointed me. I was expecting him to wow me and he just fell a bit flat.
In a nutshell, it’s been 7 years since the death of his mate and he’s still not fully recovered. He’s assigned with finding a human woman believed to be the Demon Lillith, and the prophecies say she’s supposed to end up being his wife. His job is not only find her but basically deliver her to her death. Except she has no memories or even instincts of who or what she is and he finds himself caring for her as a woman. And if part of his job of bringing her down is to sleep with her, to prove that she doesn’t have power over him, then well, we won’t say how he succeded or not at that task.
Now Rachel is by no means the brightest bulb in the box but she’s ok. And Azazel had some hot moments. So it’s not all bad and there is hope still. However, it may take a little bit of time before I’m ready for book three in this series.
I get easily distracted by pictures of sexy guys and have tons of book boyfriends.I keep all my alpha males chained to my basement and guard them fiercely.*Back off bitches*I like to see Jason Momoa as a lot of those boyfriends, because ….. mmmmmmm JASON.MOMOA!
I’m a part time graphic designer (yes, everything you see on UTC has been done by me), run my husband's business from home and on a good day I’m a self appointed superwoman (she who can do it all).I love blogging with my girls and I couldn’t do it any other way!My first love is everything paranormal, but in the past few years I’ve re-learned to love contemporary romance.Every once in a while I like to mix things up with a historical romance, a steampunk or an LGBT book.Because I need variety to avoid book slumps.I don’t always need an HEA although I prefer one, and I love authors that can rip my heart out and make me ugly cry.
Latest posts by Francesca (see all)
- Lifestyle: Digital Book Organization [Reading Log + Inventory] - January 16, 2019
- Book Haul + Giveaway: December 2018 - January 12, 2019
- Review: Lighthouse Beach by Shelley Noble - January 12, 2019