I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
by Maya Banks
Released: January 7, 2012
Series: KGI #4
– The Kelly family! Even though we don’t get to see as much of all of them as I would’ve liked, we do get some brother interaction. I look forward to reading this series because I love this family.
– Plenty of action and suspense. Bad guys, running and fighting. The suspense level was excellent.
– The hero. Is it bad to say that I kinda thought Nathan was a needy baby at times in this book? Don’t get me wrong I still liked him, I just liked him a whole lot better in previous books. I understand what he went through with being captured and almost killed was tough but he didn’t come across as an alpha male to me. And *hangs head in shame* he seemed a bit inexperienced at certain things, if you know what I mean… I guess I should stop measuring everyone up to Sam’s standards!
– The heroine. Shea, Shea, Shea. I could really take her or leave her. She was always first to sacrifice herself for everyone else and it almost cost her dearly many times. And although that requires some balls in itself, I wished she could’ve been a bit more kick ass.
– After three books I’ve come to expect a certain type of story from the series. So I was actually pretty shocked with the supernatural turn of events it’s taken. At the beginning I was ok with it thinking it wouldn’t be as big of a deal but it took over the whole storyline and it seems the next book as well. I’m not too sure how I feel about it.So is it a good book? Yes. Not my favorite in this series by any means, but I will be better prepared for the next book I think and probably will enjoy it more.
I get easily distracted by pictures of sexy guys and have tons of book boyfriends.I keep all my alpha males chained to my basement and guard them fiercely.*Back off bitches*I like to see Jason Momoa as a lot of those boyfriends, because ….. mmmmmmm JASON.MOMOA!
I’m a part time graphic designer (yes, everything you see on UTC has been done by me), run my husband's business from home and on a good day I’m a self appointed superwoman (she who can do it all).I love blogging with my girls and I couldn’t do it any other way!My first love is everything paranormal, but in the past few years I’ve re-learned to love contemporary romance.Every once in a while I like to mix things up with a historical romance, a steampunk or an LGBT book.Because I need variety to avoid book slumps.I don’t always need an HEA although I prefer one, and I love authors that can rip my heart out and make me ugly cry.
Latest posts by Francesca (see all)
- Review: Half Truths by Claire Contreras - November 1, 2019
- ARC Review + Giveaway: Angel in a Devil’s Arms by Julie Anne Long - October 30, 2019
- Review: Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco - October 30, 2019