I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright
Author: Tessa Dare
Published by Avon Impulse
Released: December 11, 2012
Genres: Historical Romance
“Page-turner and addicting.” ~Under the Covers
There are a few things that are very clear to me after finishing this book:
- I will religiously read anything Tessa Dare writes because she is now one of my favorite historical authors. Why? Because I have LOVED everything she’s written that I’ve read, period. No questions about it. Her books are always page-turners and addicting for me. I feel that I get so involved in the story, thanks to her wonderful writing, that it’s as if I’m attending the balls and getting in adventures with the characters.
- She can write the best characters! The heroine AND hero of this story are both so amazing. No wilting flowers here, but not excessively feisty either. Eliza Cade is the perfect blend of what I like in a heroine. She starts off young and bubbly. She’s loyal to friends and family. When she figures out what she wants, she goes after it.
- I realize that although we all love the bad boy hero, there’s something better…the bad boy hero who is really a good boy at heart. Mr. Wright surprised me in the end and I couldn’t help but want one of my own.
- The woman has a talent for short stories. This is really an art. It’s not easy to write a short story about characters we’ve never heard about, about lives we’ve never cared for before, and make us fall in love and immerse ourselves in just a short 100 pages. This is now the second time that Tessa Dare rocks with a short story that I’ve read.
- I can’t help but LOVE the title. Even though I usually can’t remember it. 🙂
Are those enough reasons why you should read this book?
*ARC provided by publisher
Did you like this review? If so, please tell us your thoughts in the comments below!
I get easily distracted by pictures of sexy guys and have tons of book boyfriends.I keep all my alpha males chained to my basement and guard them fiercely.*Back off bitches*I like to see Jason Momoa as a lot of those boyfriends, because ….. mmmmmmm JASON.MOMOA!
I’m a part time graphic designer (yes, everything you see on UTC has been done by me) and on a good day I’m a self appointed superwoman (she who can do it all).I love blogging with my girls and I couldn’t do it any other way!My first love is everything paranormal, but in the past few years I’ve learned to love contemporary romance.Every once in a while I like to mix things up with a historical romance, a steampunk or an LGBT book.Because I need variety to avoid book slumps.I don’t always need an HEA although I prefer one, and I love authors that can rip my heart out and make me ugly cry.
Latest posts by Francesca (see all)
- ARC Review: The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson - March 27, 2017
- Review: First and First by Santino Hassell - March 26, 2017
- Review: The Design by R.S. Grey - March 26, 2017