I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Seduction and Snacks
Author: Tara Sivec
Series: Chocolate Lovers #1
Released: June 11, 2012
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Claire never wanted children, so getting knocked up after losing her V card in a one night stand at a frat party at the age of 20 wasn’t part of her life plan. But 4 years later she is happy and her funny, adorable demon child is fimly entrenched in her heart and although she still daydreams about her baby daddy (she really should have caught his name!) she never expected to see him again. Until she sees his eyes drunkenly staring at her from across the bar she now works in…I am making a few new rules about rating any book I read…
1. If I finish it in under 8 hours it gets 5 feathers
2. If I have to put the book down because I am laughing (in a non-mocking way) so hard I see stars the book gets 5 feathers.Seduction and Snacks gets 5 feathers twice over. I couldn’t put it down, I bought this in the morning because I needed something hilarious to get me out of a book slump, hours later I was turning (clicking, it was an ebook) the last page. The main thing I loved about this book was how freaking hilarious it was, it didn’t produce Julia Quinnesque chuckles, it was full blown belly laughs that made me extremely grateful I started and finished this book at home and not sitting in work’s resturant so I wouldn’t have to try desparately smothering my laughs which just makes me look and sound like a pig snorting cocaine.
The romance in this was also great, almost like a love at first sight kind of story only adding more wine/vodka/whisky, a small devil child and nosey friends with no barriers. But Carter and Claire were a great couple and it was sweet (and obviously funny, see above paragraph!) seeing them reconnect. This book was also steamy, and although I have never seen the word vagina (is it just me who thinks that work is unsexy?) so many times in one book, it still managed to have a few knicker melting scenes in it and a very memorable one involving some chocolate!
This was a great read that I highly recommend to everyone, I am definitely going to be looking for more Tara Sivec books!
Annnnnd I will stop myself there, before I start waxing lyrical about my love of historical romance and fantasy as well; no one needs to know about my elf fantasies. As you can tell, I adore and day dream about most romance genres, and my three big loves are 1) reading about romance 2) writing about romance and 3) talking about romance with my gals. Which, is why I love Under the Covers so much, I get all my bookish needs satisfied and don’t get judged when I talk about my favourite characters like they are real people. Which they are right?
Latest posts by Suzanne (see all)
- Book Tag: Suzanne’s Netflix Book Tag - May 27, 2017
- Genre Guide for Beginners: Chapter 3, Historical Romance - May 26, 2017
- TBR Jar Pick: Spindle Cove by Tessa Dare - May 25, 2017