I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Embrace the Night
Author: Karen Chance
Series: Cassandra Palmer #3
Published by Roc
Released: April 1, 2008
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Cassie is still in a bind. The geis is driving Mircea mad, and if she doesn’t find a way to get it removed soon he will die. Fortunately there is a spell that will remove the geis unfortunately it is in a ancient text that has long been lost, possibly destroyed and also contains a spell that could potentially destroy the world. But that isn’t the only catastrophe that is on Cassie’s rather long to-do list; she now is not only the enemy of the fae, the vampires and the mages, but also a demon lord desparate for a piece of her. And what exactly is it that the mysterious Pritkin hiding?These books just keep getting better, if only I could award more stars, this book definately deserves it. So if you haven’t started reading this series already, there here are three reasons to start:
1. The world, it is dangerous, unpredicatable, intricate, mages and vampires, faeries and demons they all fight it out making it a fascinating setting for the Cassie’s adventures.
2. Cassie herself! She is one of my favourite heroines, tough and smart yet very sympathetic. Most the time she is dashing around frantically to solve problems, save the world and keep all her allies from killing eachother, and sometimes her!
3. THE HOT MEN! Now this series doesn’t have that much sex in it in typical UF fashion. However, there is plenty of potential, intially you have Tomas the angsty master vampire, then you move on to bigger and better things in the form of Mircea the beautiful and dangerous member of the vampire senate, and my personal favourite Pritkin the deranged and aggressive war mage, who is waaay more then he seems!
Annnnnd I will stop myself there, before I start waxing lyrical about my love of historical romance and fantasy as well; no one needs to know about my elf fantasies. As you can tell, I adore and day dream about most romance genres, and my three big loves are 1) reading about romance 2) writing about romance and 3) talking about romance with my gals. Which, is why I love Under the Covers so much, I get all my bookish needs satisfied and don’t get judged when I talk about my favourite characters like they are real people. Which they are right?
Latest posts by Suzanne (see all)
- ARC Review: Alien Mate by Cara Bristol - April 19, 2017
- Random Thoughts of a Romance Blogger: On Diversity - April 7, 2017
- Review: Little Black Dress by Sarah O’Rourke, Layla Frost, Sarah Curtis, Brynne Asher - April 7, 2017